The Guffman Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bioshock

5 posters

Go down

Bioshock Empty Bioshock

Post by Weeber33 Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:38 pm

BioShock

This is my first Game Review. Well hopefully this isn’t that bad because this is by far my favorite game I have ever played. When I first heard of BioShock I was skeptical and didn’t really want to try it. But one day I bought the game and started playing it. After about 5 minutes I was hooked. So you start off as a guy on a plane going somewhere. Your name is Jack and the only way you can figure that out is from the present your parents gave you. The plane somehow crash-lands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and you are the only survivor. Once you get to the top of the water there is fire all around you and you can see this big lighthouse. The graphics of the lighthouse and water and everything in this game are amazing. I thought that they just made the graphics good at the beginning to get you to play this game but seriously the whole entire game is like that. Once you get inside the lighthouse the door behind you slams shut and your journey through Rapture begins. Let me tell you a little about Rapture. Well it is of course a hidden city underwater made by a man named Andrew Ryan. Remember that name because he is your biggest villain you are chasing the entire game. But you do have a friend for the entire game until the end. His name is Atlas. Atlas sends a kind word of advice on what you should be doing throughout the game and wants your help saving his family from Andrew Ryan. They are in a Sub in Smuggler’s Hideout. But you wont find anything of happiness there at all. So Atlas will want you to help him again by getting revenge on the bastard that kills his family,

Basically what the whole gameplay is like!
Andrew Ryan.

This Game isn’t about guns and armor or anything like that. The main things you need to survive in Rapture are Plasmids and Tonics. Having A Fist Full of Lightning is a lot better than a Thompson. There are a total of 7 different Weapons. Ranging From a Wrench to a Crossbow.

Your Best Friend!!
Most of these guns have different types of ammo including exploding shotgun shells, liquid nitrogen, heat seeking RPG’s and more. But Like I said Plasmids will save your butt so many times in this game. There are 11 Plasmids. The top 5 Best ones are Electro Bolt, Incinerate, Telekinesis, Insect Swarm, and Winter Blast. And each of those can be upgraded so that they are so much more deadly. And Tonics aren’t like plasmids they work passively. They are always at work, helping you through the darkest tunnels of Rapture. There are a total of 53 Gene Tonics arranging from Wrench Jockey, which makes you amazing with the wrench, to Static Discharge, which shocks anybody that hits you with a melee weapon. At the end of this review I will put descriptions of all the Plasmids and Tonics. And I Will Put My Favorite Tonics. But enough about these guns, plasmids and tonics you are probably wondering what you are going to need to use these things on. Well let me tell you your main enemies are Splicers. Splicers are genetically mutated people who used to live down in Rapture but took too much Adam and they are too spliced up. There are different types of Splicers. The Main Type is Thuggish Splicers; they are the most common and the weakest of all of them. Electricity doesn’t work against these guys; my best bet is to take your faithful companion the wrench. The next type of Splicer is the Leadhead Splicer. These guys almost always have a weapon on them. Keep your distance from these guys and have a gun duel against them.

Stay Away From These Guys!
Nitro Splicers are all about grenades. They will chuck grenades at their feet and through smoke and disappear in the blink of an eye so be careful around these guys. Telekinesis is good against these guys. After they die they drop a live grenade, if you have played Call of Duty it is called Martyrdom.

Do What You Can To Freeze These Guys Before They Blow You Up!
The most disturbing of their kind are the Spider Splicers. These acrobatic masters not only show off their agility by evading your gunfire with cartwheels and back handsprings, but they can even crawl around on the ceiling too! These guys attack at close range but when far away they through hook shaped blades at you from the ceiling.

Spider Splicer!
The most advanced form of Splicers is the Houdini Splicers. They can hurl fire and ice and disappear in an instant. These guys are tough to kill so use your machine guns and blast away as soon as you see them. Splicers main goal in life is to find the Little Sisters who carry Adam inside their bodies. But getting Adam from the little sister isn’t a walk in the park. They have a faithful companion, The Big Daddy. Killing a Bouncer or Rosie is the only way to get to the Adam. In this game you need Adam to get all of your Plasmids. Without it you have nothing. So your main goal is to kill the Big Daddies and either harvest the Adam from the Little Sisters or Rescue the Little Sisters. Rescuing them gets you less Adam but it will pay off in the end. Trust Me. Bouncers are going to have you wasting a lot of your health. They attack with a very powerful power drill and when far away will charge at you and knock you out of balance. You will have to fight one pretty early in the game and this was a fun challenge I had. The Elite Bouncers are a bit faster and more aggressive but nothing that a machine gun or grenade launcher can’t handle.

Big Daddy!
Rosie’s are unlike the bone-crushing Bouncers. These guys like keeping their distance because they have an amazing weapon called a Rivet Gun and they have proximity mines. They will strafe back and forth keeping you away from its little sister. The Rivet Gun is very accurate so be careful because a few hits and you will be wishing you didn’t bother it.

Rosie and Its Rivet Gun!
You need to figure out a plan before taking on either the Bouncers or the Rosies. A Very Big Part in this game is Hacking. You can hack a Security Bot and it will fight by your side or a Turret but if you don’t it will fire at you! There are 3 ways to hack, either doing it the old fashioned way, use an automatic hack tool, or buying it with money. Although most of your time will be in a never ending firefight exploration is a big key moment in this game. After killing any Splicers or Big Daddies always loot the bodies. About Halfway into the game you will get a Research camera from your not so good buddy Peach Wilkins and with that you can take pictures of any of the inhabitants of Rapture. You might think this useless but I beg to differ. Researching increase the damage you do to that specific enemy or finds out weaknesses. In Rapture there are vending machines which will further you in your quest through Rapture. The too types of machines are the Circus of Values which has basically everything you need from health to ammo. And the other type of machine is El Ammo Bandito. They aren’t as common as Circus of Values but still carry a fantastic supply of basic and advanced ammunition. There are other machines, which will help you as well. Like the Gather’s Garden will let you choose between different Plasmids based on how much Adam you have acquired. U-Invent basically describes itself you invent any type of usable items such as ammunition and Automatic Hack Tools from common household items that you need to look for when looting like glue and brass tubes. One of the best machines though has to be the Power to the People machine because you get to upgrade whatever weapon you would like. Like upgrading your magnums ammo will quadruple the size of the clip! Gene Banks I didn’t find much use out of. They are basically just an inventory were you can change what plasmids you have equipped and the tonics you have selected. If you ever loose your life in any part of the game our friendly Vita-Chambers Will help you out by reviving you in the last Vita-Chamber you past. Basically you can never die unless you turn Vita-Chambers off. All right well I have been talking a lot about the different weapons and machines you can use now let’s talk a bit about residents of Rapture. Andrew Ryan is the man behind Rapture. He had an amazing idea to build a city underwater where his dream would be that government, religion, and morality would not interfere with the advancement of science and art. It was working great for him until Adam came around. Most people looked at Adam as a way to work harder, improve their strength or look a little younger but they got hooked on it. People would shoot up so much Adam that they spliced themselves right out of the human race. Again Atlas is the friendly voice that helps you out ever since you arrive in Rapture. He has an extreme hatred for Andrew Ryan. So Get Used To Him. Tenenbaum was the person who found out about Adam from a sea slug. Her project was to give female children the ability to harvest Adam from “angels”. Dr. Suchong’s role was to develop plasmids that existed in Rapture. But Tenenbaum realized the danger of the Adam so now she’s been trying to help the little sisters. Dr. Suchong eventually agrees and tries to make a cure for the little sisters but he commits suicide because 1 time he hit a little girl. But like I said I can’t say enough about the graphics of this game. The end of the game will have you wanting more. Now Im not saying that this game is short or lacking content but its such a great game you will be wanting to continue your journey through Rapture. The sound in this game is so incredible. Splicers will talk to themselves or start singing. There are so many unique sounds to this game and the music is so cool because since this game is set in 1960 the music sounds like from that time period. The lighting is also amazing in this game because lights will flicker and will randomly shut off when u enter a room then you would be surrounded by Splicers. Like one point in the game you go into a dentist office and you see a body on a rolling hospital bed then smoke fills the room and there is a tonic on the table at the back of the room. You go up to it and grab the tonic and the audio diary on a table and then you turn around and there is a tall Splicer standing right behind you staring at you. I freaked out the first time I saw him, I jumped out of my seat. They do that a couple times and they like playing with shadows. Like you see a shadow then you go around the corner and there’s nothing then you turn around and someone is right there. This is just so awesome of a game. I could play this game over and over and keep finding new things I missed the last time I played. Well I don’t want to give out the ending so Im going to end it here. But basically what I have to say about the ending is that it is going to freak you out. My Rating on this game out of 5 is definitely a 5. Sound is amazing, Graphics are Phenomenal, Story Line is so great, Characters are realistic, and enemies are also realistic. Don’t Pass This Game Up! At Least Try It. This game is too good to not ever try. If you have any comments or suggestions just send me a message. I would love to here your advice on how I could make this better. Thanks For Reading This And Hopefully I Can Find You A Great Game!

Awesome Freaking Graphics!

I mean if I have Splicer in my Gamertag it’s got to be a great game!

Email- jusweb0401@hotmail.com

Gamertag- Silen7 Splic3r

===============================================================
Plasmids (Plasmids In Bold Are My Favorite/Picks)

Plasmids Are For The Win!

Cyclone Trap- You Can Set A Trap For Enemies. If They Run Over It They Get Slammed Into the Ceiling. Perfect For Doorways

Electro Bolt- gives you the ability to launch a blast of electricity from your hand. Perfect Use is on Splicers. Give them a 1-2 punch. Zap them then Whack Them. Also Electro Bolt is good if People are standing in water.

Enrage- its perfect if more than one enemy. So you can turn enemies on each other. Use it on Splicers to attack a Big Daddy. Not That the Splicers will do much but it will help.

Hypnotize Big Daddy- Not every Big Daddy has a little sister so you could have a Big Daddy help you throughout Rapture for a little while. But Be Careful because if the plasmid wears off the Big Daddy may attack you.

Incinerate- throws a fireball at an enemy and engulfs him in flames. You can also use oil slicks to your advantage. Great plasmid to use whenever you feel like letting your inner pyro out.

Insect Swarm- Fun Plasmid to Use, Watch your enemy fumble around like an idiot after unleashing a swarm of bees. This is a Great plasmid for big groups of enemies. They wont be worried about killing you.

Security Bullseye- if you see an enemy next to a turret or security camera hit him with this plasmid and they will extinguish that enemy in a blink of an eye.

Sonic Boom- If you’re being surrounded by tons of Splicers, use this plasmid to send them flying.

Target Dummy- Wouldn’t you rather enemies attack a fake dummy then you. Well then this is the plasmid of choice for you. They take the heat so you don’t have to and you can sneak away.

Telekinesis- this plasmid is the ultimate mind over matter plasmid. Brings distant items into reach. Great use against Nitro Splicers and you could also pick something up and use it as a shield.

Winter Blast- Stops enemy in tracks and lets you instant kill them. The problem with this plasmid is that anybody that has become frozen then breaks doesn’t give you any loot.

===============================================================
Gene Tonics (Bold=Favorites/ Picks)

Physical Tonics

Bloodlust- you gain small amounts of Health and Eve when inflicting damage with the wrench

Booze Hound- Drinking alcohol restores a small amount of Eve, rather than draining it

Eve Link (2)- First Aid Kits Give You Eve

Eve Savor- Reduced the amount of Eve plasmids consume

Extra Nutrition (3)- You Gain a little extra health from snacks and bandages

Hacker’s Delight (3)- Every time you hack something, you gain a little health and eve

Medical Expert (3)- First Aid Kits Give You 20-60% more health

Natural Camouflage- When Standing Still You Become Invisible

Scrounger- when searching Containers or Corpses, search again to get different loot

Security Evasion (2)- Security Cameras and Turrets take 2-4 seconds longer to see you

SportBoost (2)- You move and swing the wrench faster. Movement speed is increased 10-20% and wrench swing speed is increased by 25-50%

Alarm Expert (2)-Up to 2-4 fewer alarm tiles when hacking

Clever Inventor- Inventing items requires 1 fewer of each component

Focused Hacker (2)- Up to 2-4 fewer overload tiles when hacking

Hacking Expert (2)- All hacks have 1-2 fewer alarm tiles and 1-2 fewer overload tiles

Prolific inventor- whenever you invent an item, you get twice as many as normal

Safecracker (2)-When hacking safes and combination locks, there are up to 2-4 fewer alarm and overload tiles, 1-2 fewer accelerate tiles, and 3 added deceleration tiles. The flow speed is reduced by 0.5-1 seconds per tile

Security Expert (2)- When hacking turrets, security bots and security cameras, there are up to 2-4 fewer alarms and overload tiles, 1-2 fewer accelerate tiles, and 1-3 added deceleration tiles. The flow speed is reduced by 0.5-1 seconds per tile

Shorten Alarms (2)- Length of Security Alarms is reduced by 20-40 seconds

Speedy Hacker (2)- Flow speed reduced by 1.5-3 seconds per tile when hacking

Vending Expert (2)-Reduces Prices at vending machines

Armored Shell (2)- Reduces piercing and bludgeoning damage by 15-25%

Damage Research (2)- Research damage bonuses are increased by 30-60%

Electric Flesh (2)- Reduces Electric Damage by 75-100% and increases your outgoing electric damage by 30-60%

Machine Buster (2) Increases damage you deal to cameras, bots and turrets

Frozen Field (2)- Reduces cold damage by 15-30%. Wrench does and extra 10-20 points of cold damage and has a 10% chance of freezing enemy

Human Inferno (2)- Reduces heat damage by 20-40%. Increases heat damage you inflict by 30-50%, burning monsters take damage at 30-50% higher rate

Photographers Eye (2)- All research photo scores are increased by 10-15%

Static Discharge (2)- When struck by a melee attack, the player emits an electrical burst that does 30-50 points of damage and includes a 15-25% chance of causing a shocked state

Wrench Jockey (2)- Wrench damage increased by 350-550%

Wrench Lurker (2)- Wrench damage increased by 150-200% versus unaware or shocked opponents. Also quiets your footsteps

This is So Fun To Do!

Pistol- Pistol Rounds, Armor-Piercing, Anti-Personnel

Machine Gun-Auto Rounds, Anti-Personnel, Armor-Piercing

Shotgun-00 Buck, Electric Buck, Exploding Buck

KA BOOM!!!
Grenade Launcher-Frag Grenade, Proximity Mine, Heat-Seeking RPG

Chemical Thrower-Napalm, Liquid Nitrogen, Electric Gel

Crossbow-Steel-Tip Bolt, Incendiary Bolt, Trap Bolt

Pistol- Clip Size: quadruples clip size of pistol from 6 to 24

Damage: pistol does more damage, which means you use less ammo

Machine Gun- Damage: same as pistol

Kickback Reducer: fire for longer periods of time without firing astray

Shotgun- Rate of Fire: Fire the shotgun faster

Damage: Same as Pistol and Machine Gun

Grenade Launcher- Damage: increases damage for all 3 types of grenade ammunition

Immunity: makes you immune to the grenades

Chemical Thrower- Consumption Rate: slows rate of which chemicals are used so you don’t have to reload

Range: fire the chemicals further so they don’t hurt you

Crossbow- Breakage Chance: reduces the chance that bolts break on impact

Damage: single shot to take out most Splicers

For Upgrading You Should Upgrade guns you normally would use. Pistol, machine gun and shotgun should be done first then the crossbow.
Weeber33
Weeber33
<<<<<33333
Bioshock Th_CompanionCrate

Male
Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://www.unicycle.com

Back to top Go down

Bioshock Empty Re: Bioshock

Post by Weeber33 Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

the white text are pictures...